June 13, 2016

Eleven Years on Blogspot

The Good: Today marks 11 years of blogging! Here is a screenshot of my first post. Later this week I'll celebrate another blogiversary: my 56-hundredth post!

Even though time seems to pass quickly, 2005 was a long time ago. We were were spending that summer in Glebe Harbor with the idea of making it our permanent home. However, the location was just too isolated for me. By the way, I made my first website back in 1997. That really feels like ancient history now!

The Random: Luray is the town to visit if you want to see plenty of murals here in the Shenandoah Valley. This one identifies a building that once housed a Ford dealership.

Sharing with Monday Murals

The Fun: At Garden Fest on June 4, there was a sheepdog herding demonstration. It was fun watching the border collie at work, and the sheep didn't seem to mind. They really stay together!




Sharing with Camera Critters and Seasons

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Linda - Congrats, that's a long time for blogland! In Nov. I'll come up with only 7y.! I especially like the sheepherding demonstration photos - must have been interesting to watch! Many thanks for sharing these interesting photos with SEASONS! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eleven years, I'm the new kid on the block

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching a good sheepdog work.Borders are a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 11 years is a long time - and I though I was doing well.

    Cheers (and sorry about the slowness of my visit) - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. ELEVEN years of blogging - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo on the milestones! Those sheepdogs are clever hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 11 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Linda
    congratulations on this goal, eleven years are really so many !

    Hope your week is off to a good start I'm sending hugs and ever much love to you

    Xx Dany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Quite a blogging milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes, girl, you deserve a blogging award. Thank you for your nostalgic mural. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! 11 years--wow! That's quite a milestone. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the blogging milestone. I'm creeping up on 10 years soon. - I bet the sheepdog trials were fun. Enjoyed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great selection of photo's ... and wow 11 years blogging, that is a long time.
    Congratulations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.