August 1, 2012

Wayback When

15 Years on the Web

The first website I ever posted was devoted to my dog Guppy. This was in 1997 and of course it was a learning experience. Back then AOL offered free website hosting to members and that's where I put it. Eventually they stopped offering the space and I let the site die. But it still exists on the Internet Archive and I found it using the Wayback Machine by searching for the URL members.aol.com/pupguppy. Here's a clip from the opening page.

You can click on these to see them larger. Here's part of the second page. (The links don't work because this is only a screenshot.)
I've mentioned Guppy on this blog. He's not around anymore but you can see him playing with Benny at Orkney Springs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.