August 1, 2012

Wayback When

15 Years on the Web

The first website I ever posted was devoted to my dog Guppy. This was in 1997 and of course it was a learning experience. Back then AOL offered free website hosting to members and that's where I put it. Eventually they stopped offering the space and I let the site die. But it still exists on the Internet Archive and I found it using the Wayback Machine by searching for the URL members.aol.com/pupguppy. Here's a clip from the opening page.

You can click on these to see them larger. Here's part of the second page. (The links don't work because this is only a screenshot.)
I've mentioned Guppy on this blog. He's not around anymore but you can see him playing with Benny at Orkney Springs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.