June 6, 2015

Blog Post Number 5000


selfieYes, really! This is my five-thousandth post on this blog. And since I started blogging in summer of 2005, this blog's 10-year anniversary is coming up later this month.

What's new? Well, I'm trying to change the email that I use for commenting because AOL's emails are rejected by "DMARC" so I keep getting notices from AOL's Postmaster saying my message did not go through. The result is that the blogger I'm writing to does not get my comment via email, although it still posts. Anyway, I want to try using an alternate email address (from Comcast, probably) but so far I haven't gotten it to work. I'm not sure I'm even filling out the right form!

In my personal life, I'm feeling lonely because two important people in my life are moving far away. My younger daughter Marie just moved to California because her employer (DC Comics) has moved their offices to Burbank. Now in order to visit her, we'll have to fly instead of driving, and she won't be able to visit by just hopping on a bus.

Meanwhile, my sister is making plans to move to Kentucky. First she has to sell her house, but contractors and her boyfriend have already updated the kitchen and bath, and packing is underway.
The town where's Peggy is moving is a long drive from here and not even close to an airport. I'm past the age where I have the stamina for long drives, if I ever did. This will be a big change because now she lives less than an hour away.

So I'm feeling bereft. I'm a bit shy and don't have many close friends, and my family members are the most supportive people in my life. Fortunately my other daughter is staying in Virginia.

Cherish your family!

11 comments:

  1. Happy 5000 post, wow you have been blogging for a long time now. I wish your daughter and sister good luck with their new jobs and the moves. At least you will have a place to go for vacations. Family is important. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being so dedicated! And yes, cherish your family! I'm now trying to train mine to use FaceTime, so we can at least talk face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you can get the email changed over.

    yes, cherish family. i've lived 1100 miles away from mine for 31 years this week. i've not been home in almost 9 yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 5000 posts! If you don't already use Skype or Facetime on your computer or your phone, you might want to give them a try to help you keep in touch with your loved ones. It's not quite the same as being in the same room, but it is the next best thing. We use Skype to keep in touch with our sons and are glad to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my daughter uses Skype and we have "talked" that way. I need to add a light though so I don't look so shadowy.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on post 5000 and your upcoming 10 year blogiversary! Sorry to hear two of your loved ones are moving far away. That's always so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Congratulations on 5000. I always like reading your blog, however like you I am family based and a bit of a lurker loner, but your blog continues to keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This has to be a hard work. Congrats for those 5000 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is sad when friends and family move away. My older sister is in Florida. I would like to move closer to my Daughter.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.