October 7, 2013

Train Station, Harpers Ferry

Although Harpers Ferry is not a large city, it has an Amtrak station with daily passenger service. Commuters use it to travel to Washington, DC.

I've parked near the station more than once. There are a couple of snack shops nearby and historical museums a short walk away. At the moment the museums are closed for the government shutdown. It's not far to shops and a wax museum, but the hilly terrain can turn your walk into a workout.

Are you affected by the government shutdown? Find Your Members of Congress and contact them.



3 comments:

  1. I just bought some old postcards and one of them was of the train station at Harper's Ferry. I seem to have found quite a few from your beautiful area. Now I want to visit in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures! I haven't been affected by the shutdown so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to visit Harper's Ferry - had no idea how convenient it was w/Amtrak service and sites within walking distance! Now I have no excuse:)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way.