September 2, 2011

Summer is Ending

Here it is Labor Day weekend already. August went by so quickly! I like summer in spite of the heat — pretty mornings, long days, outdoor events!

Our Tangier Island trip was three weeks ago and I'm still finishing up the pictures... just need to share the return cruise photos. Meanwhile, I contributed pictures of the historical marker about Indian Prisoners on Tangier to HMDB. We don't know the fate of the men and boys who were abandoned there, but I suspect that other Indians eventually found them. After all, there is archaeological evidence that Indians used the island over the years and hunted and fished there. History tells us that a man named John West bought the island in 1666 from Indians for two overcoats!

The picture above is of Frank, of course. I just re-created his Bryce Home site. It was hosted by a realtor's website service but the cost was high and response was low, so we moved it to Webhero.com.   I had to code it and post it but that's not a big deal. I can just about code HTML in my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.