June 6, 2010

Weblog Post #2500

I started this blog five years ago, inspired by my daughter Marie's blog. Since this is my 2500th post, I'm averaging 500 posts a year. Some are very short, perhaps just a title and a photo. Others are fairly long and complex. Sometimes I even code tables in HTML in order to keep multiple pictures lined up.

Since June marks the anniversary of my blog, I looked back at my June posts over the years. Last June (2009) included pictures of our trip to the Carolinas and Savannah, plus some old family photos, including one that I inherited of a musical group comprised of Civil War veterans called the the Old Soldier Fiddlers which has since been used in a book called My Old Confederate Home by Rusty Williams. I received my complimentary copy a few days ago. (Thanks, Rusty!)

The June 2008 archive shows our trip to Chincoteague with a stop at Fortress Monroe and a day at Busch Gardens, plus some Civil War tour photos.

In June 2007, my husband had surgery for prostate cancer so I wrote about his hospital stays. Also in that month I shared local photos including Basye and Quicksburg, plus a Civil War field trip to West Virginia (mostly shown on an earlier page of that month's archive).

June 2006 shows a variety of topics including Lexington VA, Glebe Harbor, a visit from Frank's grandsons, my g-g-grandfather's Bible, and a West Virginia field trip covering the Civil War struggle over the Kanawha Valley.

This June has just begun. We've only made vague plans for a vacation but I think we're ready to make a decision and schedule a trip.

1 comment:

  1. Five years of blogging? Twenty-five hundred posts? Wow! You are a wicked veteran!

    Congratulations, Linda, on your anniversary. I never fail to enjoy my "visits" to Squirrel Ridge.

    Best,

    Rusty Williams
    myoldconfederatehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.