December 31, 2008

Peace

We send cards with the word Peace across them, but peace on earth feels like a hopeless dream. Sometimes I hum the old song, "Last Night I had the Strangest Dream" yet the words seem so naive and wishful. Still, the ideal is worth holding up... something to work towards.
Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd ever dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.
And if you search for Peace Songs in Wikipedia, you are redirected to a long list of anti-war songs, organized by the conflict that inspired them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.