I’m not sure what this thing is, but I’ve seen it at a couple of gas stations.
October 9, 2026
Not Wind Chimes
It occurred to me that I could ask Google Lens. It responded with this nonsense: “Black metal cylindrical wind chimes with deep resonant tubes.”
My guess is that it’s some kind of pressure release system for the underground tanks. Judges?
I took that picture on the way to Harrisonburg for a medical appointment. As I mentioned the other day, I had nerve conduction testing. The doctor told me the results would be posted on “My Chart,” their online portal. I checked several times, but I was looking at the “Test Results” tab. Finally, I found a report under “Notes.” It’s technical, but apparently I have peripheral neuropathy, at least on the right leg. I’ll talk to my doctor about it next week.
I don’t have the tingling that I associate with neuropathy. My main symptoms are balance problems and occasional dizziness. The step tracker on my phone keeps telling me that my walking steadiness is low. Since I know my doctor is going to ask again if I am using a cane, I practiced using it today. It feels awkward to me, but I know she will remind me that I need to minimize the danger of falling.
The second photo is from the reception area in a medical office. There are glass windows separating patients from the receptionists. This has become standard since the Covid pandemic. Windows and mountains are reflected on the glass.
Labels:
About Me,
Covid-ality,
Health,
Monochrome
1 comment:
The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.
Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!
Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That is interesting. I think your guess sounds the most logical. If I go anywhere I have to use a cane or a walker, depending on how I feel that day. We will be getting our Covid shots on Monday, the updated flu shot too but not getting them together, a few days apart. Hope you have a good week.
ReplyDelete