September 9, 2026

Phone Photos of Hummingbird

Ruby-Throated Male


These are pictures I took with my iPhone while sitting on the deck with my dog. I eat lunch out there almost every day, and several weeks passed before the hummingbird was bold enough to feed in our presence. I was pleased that Charlie did not jump up and scare him.

I used a moderate zoom to take the pictures. I have found that if I use the maximum zoom setting, the images come out blurry. I have better results with zooming at 2X or 3X and then cropping later.

I planned on this being a longer post, but I’m having trouble uploading pictures right now. I don’t know what’s going on with Blogger. I hope they're not going to bring AI into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.