September 5, 2026

Four Years with Charlie

Hi, it's Charlie! Yesterday was my "Gotcha" day. It's been four years since I adopted my mom! Here's a picture from when I was nine months old and went to the dog park for the first time. I have grown since then, and gotten braver too.


We did not get to go to the dog park to celebrate because it rained all afternoon. It did stop for a little while, and we went to the state park, but we didn’t stay long because another storm was coming. I was disappointed when we had to leave.

Here I am checking out the gundalow in the play area.


Mom gave me a yellow squeaky toy, but it looks scary so I didn’t put it with my other toys. I dropped it in front of the door instead.


We did go to the other part of Seven Bends State Park on Sunday,  and it was a nice day except for being hot.


Sometimes I see my friend Tripod when we’re on a walk.


Here’s another cat, fancied up in Picsart.


I got to see Sadie several times this week.


One day Mom took me to Riley Park.


We saw a butterfly and a metal dog.



I hear that there’s a holiday for some people on Monday. I recommend going to a park and spending time with your friends.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pic of you and your furriend Tripod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Linda and Charlie
    Great photos Charlie and Happy Gotcha Day.
    Cute images of the cats, Sadie, the butterfly and the metal dog. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead. PS, Thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics, Charlie. Looks like you had a good week.
    Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've sure had fun watching you grow and learn. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like some great times despite the rain!! beautiful captures,,,the butterfly is quite different than what i see here. perhaps it wasn't real and i missed that part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s real! I wasn’t familiar with it, but the app says it’s Oreta rosea.

      Delete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.