Near Lebanon Church, VA
August 13, 2026
Woodbine Market at 20 Years
This farm market sits along Route 55 (John Marshall Highway) north of Strasburg. When I stopped there today, I saw a sign saying they are celebrating their 20 year anniversary.
It’s on one of the main roads that connects the Shenandoah Valley with West Virginia. Years ago, West Virginia decided to replace Route 55 with a superhighway known as Corridor H, and a significant part of it has been completed in West Virginia. Connecting it with interstate 81 in Virginia would benefit some businesses in West Virginia, but it would not particularly benefit commerce in Virginia. So the superhighway still ends across the mountain in Wardensville, WV.
The mountain, by the way, is a rugged one that separates the two states. Here’s a view as seen from Perry, West Virginia. I suspect the rock formation is Big Schloss. This outcropping of quartzite and sandstone along the crest of Great North Mountain is a popular hiking destination. I’ve seen a lot of these formations along the mountains of West Virginia. (Geology buffs have probably figured out that these rocks did not erode like softer rocks that were once around them.)
Labels:
Great North Mountain,
Signs
9 comments:
The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.
Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!
Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Great sky.
ReplyDeleteNice timing on the visit to the farm market. That is an interesting outcropping of rock. West Virginia has a lot of rugged scenery and I knew nothing about Corridor H. My hiking up hills days are over. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteBeautiful rugged country.
ReplyDelete...my hiking days have been cut short!
ReplyDeletePretty photos and views. Enjoy your day and happy weekend.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics. Greetings.
ReplyDeleteYou live in such a beautiful part of the country. I would love to travel back to that area....sometime soon, I hope!
ReplyDeleteI like markets like that. I look at the honey, jam, jellies, and other such treats.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely.
ReplyDelete