August 5, 2026

Taking Peggy to the Mountains

My sister said she misses the mountains, so of course we went to Shenandoah National Park. 

Here she is at Dickey Ridge. I liked the pose so much I switched to “Portrait mode” and stepped closer.




We went in the Visitor Center so she could buy a postcard and were lucky enough to catch a screening of a film about the CCC. Then we looked at the exhibits, plus we caught part of a ranger talk.


Models of birds include a ruffed grouse, a screech owl, and a falcon.




I did not get pictures of real birds except for one flying in the distance. I think it was a crow.


I was delighted to see a monarch butterfly.


As usual, I took too many pictures for one post, so I’ll close with a trio of wildflowers. 

Sharing with Mosaic and Bird Linkups

4 comments:

  1. How lovely that you have your sister visiting you. Enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a gorgeous destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful series, and just the right number of shots.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.