After pausing to take pictures, I followed the road out of town and wound up on Minebank Road, where I saw this old building with a new barn quilt and new door.
August 2, 2026
New and Old in Middletown
Frederick County, VA
After I read that the replica train station in Middletown is now under roof, I decided to drive by and see it. The building is new construction, not a restoration, but it will look like the town’s old train station
on the outside. The interior has been redesigned.
The station will be both a tourist attraction and home to a model railroad. A local model railroad club once had an extensive setup in a former train depot in Winchester, but they lost their lease when that building was sold in 2018. They began looking for a new location, and eventually struck a deal with nearby Middletown. The town owned the land and the club raised funds to build the station.
Labels:
Arts and Crafts,
Living History
6 comments:
The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.
Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!
Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It’s lovely to see the barn quilt on that old structure.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI like the quilt on the barn! Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.
I'm wondering if that barn quilt and the new door mean that someone is going to spend the rest of this hot summer there...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your shots are always so capturing and interesting, dearest Linda, I thank you for sharing them.
Have a lovely day and new week
XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)
...I'll stick with the old!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is epic, but is it really for target practice? Or is it a new colouring barn for mandalas? Whatever it is, it's fun!!! Happy Monday! πΎπ»✨π»πΎ
ReplyDeleteIt’s a trend: Bright paintings on barns that look like quilt squares. Some places have a map showing where tourists can go and see them.
Delete