July 20, 2026

Is it a Dogwood Tree?

No, it's a tree of dogs!

Monday Murals

This is painted on the wall of a dog boarding facility call All Pawz. Photos of doggie guests are affixed to the branches. 

I took Charlie over there for a tour last week while his regular daycare was closed for a thorough cleaning operation. I wanted to have a backup plan in case they are closed when we have an emergency. Often my sister-in-law is able to watch him, but sometimes she has important things to do. Charlie still has severe separation anxiety. I cannot leave him alone for very long because he panics and tries to get out the door. He has damaged the door frame, and I worry that he’ll get hurt.

Charlie was nervous touring the place, and was startled when he heard big dogs barking. He does not want me to leave him anywhere, but this place seemed nice to me.

Charlie the Beagle



7 comments:

  1. That’s a very cute idea to have the dog tree and looks like a good back up plan. Poor Charlie! Do you think he will ever get over his separation anxiety? Have you seen any improvement? He had such a tough start in life, he’s a lucky boy you came into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he lasts a little longer before he panics now, but it’s still not long enough to make a practical difference.

      Delete
  2. Lovely dog tree mural. Poor Charlie, hope his anxiety issues improve. When I had cats I used to get a house sitter from an accredited website. Nothing to pay and my cats were looked after in their own environment. Thanks for participating est in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is cute and I love the photo of Charlie.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know ahead of time what’s available.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.