October 18, 2024

Pinnacles and Jewell Hollow Overlook

Shenandoah National Park


Today I’m continuing my picture story of my first fall foliage trip of the season. I entered Skyline Drive at Thornton Gap and drove south to the highest point of the drive at Skyland. I’m doing several posts on this short journey because I took so many pictures, and my eyes still tire easily when I’m working on the computer.

Pinnacles is the name of both an overlook and a picnic area. They’re a mile and a half apart, and between the two is the spectacular Jewell Hollow Overlook. 

I




I like to drive through the park’s picnic areas even when I don’t have a picnic because there’s a chance of seeing wildlife. I didn’t see any large animals this time, but I did walk around and take a few pictures.




Here is a preview of my visit to Skyland: a reflection in the restaurant window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.