October 7, 2024

Hazel Lou, Lee, and Eleanor

This is an old photo from the family albums that my sister brought me. When I volunteered to take them, I was thinking it was just a few albums, but it turned out to be two boxes of albums, photos and books. I plan to examine them gradually.

This is a photo of my mother as a child on vacation in Colorado, visiting her cousin’s family. My mom is the child on the right. She’s on a lower step which makes her look much shorter than her cousin, who was only three years older.

On the back of the photo is a description.

“Lee, Eleanor and Hazel Lou in the doorway of Summit-Lake shelter house. I left my coat in the car, so Lee gave me his when I needed one!”


Lee is Hazel Lou’s father and his full name was Lucius Edwin Humphrey. He was a newspaper editor in Denver. He married my mother’s aunt in 1916.
 
I looked up Summit Lake and found that it is the only Denver Mountain Park in the alpine zone and is a great place to see mountain goats.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a treasure and you are going to have so much fun and while away many hours going through all those old photos. I think it's really exciting, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had know about Summit Lake when I visited Colorado several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have a picture of your mom when she's young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to see photos of your mother as a young girl, and extra special to have this personal inscription on the back. I know you are going to have fun looking through those boxes. Thanks also for visiting and leaving the link to your murals. I enjoyed them very much, also your presentation of them.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.