September 24, 2024

September 24 is My Mother’s Birthday

My mother was born in 1920 and lived to be 82. Recently I acquired additional family photos that my sister brought, and these are among them. The first is a portrait from 1964. The others are from before my time.



She married my father, John M. Suiter, in September 1940. They had met at the University of Chicago.

Collage made with Photocollage.

I now have more family pictures than I know what to do with! I intend to copy many of them, and they have held up well. Black and white prints last a long time, although the glue in the albums tends to give way. 

Both my dad and my mother‘s father liked photography, so there is a wealth of photos. In fact, mother’s grandmother had a surprising number of professional portraits made, so I have inherited some of those. Unfortunately, they are not all identified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.