July 4, 2024

Freedom Flag and Skies

Charlie does not like to pose, so I used his stand-in to take a picture of my new Freedom garden flag. He still does not like this metal beagle.


Today is Independence Day, so here is a collage of related pictures from past posts, including a monument in Yorktown and some fireworks.


For the Skywatch linkup, i’m sharing a recent photo of clouds over the LOVE sign in our state park. It looks dark to me, but the Photos app did not lighten it much when I hit the auto-adjust button, I don’t trust my eyesight right now because it’s still messed up from the cataract surgery that was done two months ago. Everything still looks too dark or too bright to me, and my eyes have trouble focusing. 


Yesterday I discussed this problem with a local nurse practitioner. She said that if the ophthalmologist does not have a solution when I see him next week, I should seek another opinion.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day!
    The sky looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I hope that you had a Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July to you! The beagle and flag is a cute photo. Love your sky shot! Take care, have a wonderful day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad that you still don't have a resolution to the eye issues. The photo looks fine. I hope you had a happy 4th despite everything. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. Hopefully Charlie did OK during the fireworks. So sorry that you are still having eye problems. A second opinion is a good suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie is so cute in this outfit!
    I think the local nurse is right.
    Looks like you had a beautiful independence day Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your metal beagle and flag are really pretty. Charlie probably doesn't like to compete for the ear scratches :) Lovely photos! I hope you had a great 4th. I hope your eyes will be okay soon. I would definitely seek another opinion.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.