June 17, 2024

Muralist at Work, Edinburg

This afternoon was quite hot so I decided that Edinburg Town Park was a good place for Charlie's adventure. There we can walk in the shade of tall pine trees.

The park also has a softball diamond, playground, tennis court, and a swimming pool. There were lots of people enjoying the pool, many of them teenagers. I was surprised to see what looked like a mural on a wall inside the fenced area, so I stepped closer. A young woman was painting a mural. She was dressed for the hot weather. Perhaps she would get in the pool to cool off.



I was able to take a few pictures through spaces in the chain-link fence. I thought she might be painting an eagle, but when I zoomed in on the image, I could see that it was a mallard duck. I’ll look at the completed mural when I go to that park again.

We took our walk under the trees and sat in the gazebo. From there, we can see the town water tower.


Mosaic Monday / Murals

11 comments:

  1. These are so colourful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ll look forward to seeing the finished mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's going to be a great mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting mallard with a package on its back...at least that's what I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for these stunning and rich colors to brighten our day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda - that's a wonderful mural - at first, I did not notice the artist, so I am glad that you zoomed in! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mural is perfect Linda! I'm waiting for the moment when you go back and show us it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love street art like this - bringing art to the people. Enjoy your week. I am joining you at Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The murals are fine, Linda, indeed... I agree with all comments. What a wonderful post reflecting the facets of your week.

    Thank you for sharing on MM.
    Greetings from Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.