June 15, 2024

Critters, Family and a Little Bit of Justice

Guess what? It's time for an update from Charlie!


Hi, I am a beagle and I don’t particularly like posing for pictures. I do like to lie in the sun, and I love to see other animals. This week I saw birds, rabbits, dogs, a groundhog, and cats. Mom did not get a picture of the cat because it came by and rubbed me and then ran off. So here is a computer-made picture of a cat.

Caturday / Critters

Look at this moth that landed on Mom’s shirt! She left it outdoors so that it would be okay. 


In other news, Mom gave me the biggest chew toy I ever saw. She didn’t let me keep it for very long, and I think she threw it in the trash can. She said it was a dog bed, but it didn’t smell right to me. Stuffing flew everywhere! 


Well, yesterday Mom got a new phone. It looks just like her old one, except the old one is cracked. Her daughters got it for her. When I was in daycare yesterday, Lynn came over to set up the phone.


They picked me up from the veterinary and we went home, but Lynn tried to take me out of the car and it scared me, so I jumped in the front seat and tried to get out through the window, but it was glass. I was worried that Lynn might take me back to the place where they got me a long time ago. Lynn was with my mom then and I never want to go back to that place. Mom says they it has been closed down and not to worry. The company that ran it had to pay $35 million because they did not treat us dogs well at all. I could tell you more, but it was sad and very scary.

I think I’ll go to sleep now, here on the couch, next to my mom.

11 comments:

  1. So don't worry Charlie! Now you have a mom to look after you! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you have your mom and loving forever home now. You look great in your photo and the kitty art is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you worry, Charlie. Your Mom will neffur let anything bad happen to you again - and certainly won't take you to any place where they don't treat woofies well!

    What purrty pictures your Mom takes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relax, Charlie, you’re safe now and will be forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to see Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha on a dog bed full of stuffing! Have a great day Charlie and family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relax sweet Charlie, you are quite safe now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that big moth...how unusual! and I hope you are relaxing more now that it's so hot outside!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.