March 2, 2024

Charlie in Early March

Hello! It's me, Mom's brave beagle. She says I'm doing better because I'm not as scared in the car as I used to be. I still don't like it much. I worry a lot, but that’s part of my job. I have to take care of Mom and the house and the yard. It can be exhausting, so I sleep a lot.

Did you hear something? Did you see something move?


 There was too much rain this week. The squirrel got wet.


Rain even came in one of the windows. It made a mess.

Today Lynn and some friends came, and Wayne worked on the window from the outside. Lynn and Barb took me for a walk.


And a daffodil bloomed in our yard today. 


Yesterday Mom took me to the state park. It rained later, but at least I had a chance to check out all the interesting smells. Other dogs go there, and different animals too. 



I’m just trying to show you what I can see by sniffing. It’s very exciting.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie — You seem to be doing a great job with your sniffing.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is lovely and the last photo is very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Charlie you are a good dog protecting your Mama and your yard. Love your cute photos. I hope you do not meet up with a real bear on your walks. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could smell as well as you, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...stay away from the bear, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie, you are indeed a brave boy! We love accompanying you on your walks and getting to see and sniff out fun things with you.
    Our Mummy purr-ticularly loves the daffodil. It was HER Mummy's favourite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking pretty good Charlie...and I know your nose knows a lot about everything around you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww lovely post Charlie :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable Charlie, the Daffodil bloom is incredible. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.