October 30, 2023

Across Massanutten to Luray

Today I drove to Luray by way of the "slow route" across Edinburg Gap and past Camp Roosevelt. It doesn't take much longer than going to New Market and crossing the Massanutten Range using Route 211. I couldn't resist stopping at the scenic overlook on top of the mountain.


Here you’re looking down on Page Valley and Luray with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance.
 

Once I got to Luray, I drove down to Ruffner Plaza to check out the murals. The faded mural I photographed several years ago has been replaced by three different panels.. 



Dogwood is our state flower. The mural in the center shows an old-fashioned scene, perhaps in honor of the mural that was there before.


Monday Murals / Garden Affair 

Nearby were some planters with flowers, including chrysanthemums and decorative cabbage.




There was also a display of painted rocks with a Halloween theme.



13 comments:

  1. Beautiful mural, love the one with the flowers. The rocks are cute and I wish I could have a decorative cabbage in my garden, it's so pretty. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great view. I can see why you stopped. The dogwood is beautiful and the vintage mural is stunning. Like the cabbage. I had that once, too. Fun Halloween rocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a woman on the street yesterday who looked like a decorative cabbage with her tricoloured hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vista...always my favorite to see, (anywhere) and worth the drive! Mural is very interesting, with the last panel reflective of looking through old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three mural panels are beautiful, but the Dogwood is wonderful, it looks as beautiful as a real at its best (I love these trees, we have them here in Oregon but they are usually done flowering by the time we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenes and the murals are very nice. I also think it's a great sign regarding the painted rocks. They are such cheerful little things to find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty views and mural. Love the flowers! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful views from the high ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luray seems to be beautiful calm city, the painted pebbles are extraordinary. The mums are my favorite. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.