May 11, 2023

Pawsitive Signs and Mountain Views

Last week I had an errand in Front Royal, so I stopped at a thrift store that benefits a pet rescue. I did not see anything I need, but I liked these signs.



The town is a gateway to Shenandoah National Park so I drove up to check out the views.



You can glimpse the Shenandoah River in the valley below, and the Massanutten Range is to the west.



There are mileposts along the drive to help you know how far you are from a destination. They are particularly helpful if you are trying to locate a hiking trail from a guidebook.









14 comments:

  1. I have only travelled that area once, but I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious views from the high ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...a great day to be out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thrift store signs...but I do love seeing the vistas of the valleys to the next ridge of mountains. They are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful views! It’s a nice idea of the thrift shop taking care of the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful country. It's been years since I've been on the Skyline Drive and I thank you for the views. I liked the thrift store signs, too - so welcoming. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.