January 11, 2023

Common Visitors

Most of my bird seed is going to house finches and squirrels.


Although some folks regard house finches as nuisances, I rather like them. 


The Eastern Gray Squirrel tends to be greedy for sunflower see, but I forgive him because he has a cute little face.

Other birds come to my feeders too, like this Northern Cardinal. He is a favorite because his color is bright and cheerful. 

I photograph them through a window, typically using my trusty old Nikon camera. My cell phone does not have the zoom that my camera has. 


 

9 comments:

  1. Squirrels are always welcome at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House Finches are delightful little birds, with a cheerful song too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...of course the cardinal is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A finch of any color is always beautiful to me. As is Mr. Cardinal. Squirrels at feeders are nice and fat at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely seeing all your birds. I like house finches, and yes even the sparrows and starlings, though I know those starlings can gobble up all the food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cardinal. I only have a cell phone camera and do miss being able to zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the colourful cardinal and a sweet photograph of the squirrel.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.