January 14, 2023

Charlie or Charles?

Hi, it's me. Charlie the beagle. Sometimes Mom calls me Charlie Brown. Sometimes she calls me Charles but that usually means she isn't happy. I don't understand why she would be mad at me when I try so hard to be a good dog.



I start each day by reminding Mom to get up early so that we can go outside. She gets to see the morning sky and the little creatures in the trees. I would like to catch one and sniff it but they stay away.

Sometimes I let her take my picture and even add special effects. I’m a pretty good model when I stay still.

Dog parks are fun! Yesterday we went to the one in Strasburg. It is not as busy as the one in Woodstock, but there was one other dog there. His person threw something to catch but it was not a ball so I could not catch it. I had fun running really fast.





After I got tired, Mom drove the car while I slept in the back seat. Finally we got out and took a short walk. There were some creatures called geese on the pond. 



See the harness I wear sometimes? Well, today I took it off in the car. We were not going very far but I was able to walk around in the backseat without the seatbelt holding me back for a few minutes. I could finally reach the armrest on the other side which had never been chewed on and I took two little bites. When the car stopped, Mom looked at me with big eyes and then said something that sounded like she was upset. She did not seem proud that I took my harness off. I thought it was a pretty good trick myself.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Charlie! You ARE a good model - and a good dog too. Your Mom isn't really mad at you - but you shouldn't chew on the armrest.
    We can see you are having a good time, enjoying all sorts of new things - there is so much to see and to learn, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.....CHARLES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Charlie you are so cute, but it is not good to take your harness off or chew on your Mama's car. It is fun to run around with the other dogs in the park. Cute photos and a pretty sky shot. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, happy Sunday, have a great new week. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, you are getting better. Be good for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Charles sounds a bit stuffy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my friend (Charlie's mom) is certainly a patient and loving individual. To not only deal with all his training needs, but then to take photos and give a blog narrative of how this energetic pup (see I didn't say a single negative word!) is learning slowly how to live in your world. Kudos to Linda, and I encourage you to keep working at this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that hang-dog look on Charlie's face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the most adorable soulful eyes, Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that is a face of i am trying really hard to be good. i will continue to do so, if you give me treats. LOL!! so cute. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of a dog I know here who almost always has his frisbee with him. Every hopeful someone will play catch/fetch with him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beagle always makes me remember ours - from about two decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And oh I bet you got called Charles when you took that harness off (it was a pretty good trick though). I'm sure you looked at your person with those beautiful big sad eyes and then she was sorry she was cross with you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason taking harness/leashes off and getting out of carriers (if you are a cat) makes Mom's cross we are not sure why. We guess you shouldn't do it again. Charlie you look like a very sweet boy. You remind us of our Annie Tuiren, Tui was a very sweet girl and Mom loved it when she did the Snoopy Dance.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.