October 22, 2022

Blog Post 8100: Scenes around Edinburg

Black and White Weekend 

There are a number of linkups that I participate in. They require extra effort as far as planning photos and writing posts to include them.  The payoff is more than just having a few more people see my pictures; it is ensuring variety to this blog. I would probably get bored doing it without an inducement to go in different directions on different days.

Participation in these linkups seems to be declining, and I think many bloggers have gone on to other forms of social media. Still, I feel like if I’m in a community of photo bloggers who share some of the same interests that I have.

Saturday Critters 

Weekend Reflections 
The view of the Shenandoah River is from Chapman Landing Road.





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Actually it ‘s a chubby goat. I thought it was a cow at first glance.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous sky!
    Your last two made me grin. I once had goats. They were such escape artists (and roof climbers) that they had to be kept on ropes. I swear they could stretch those ropes to tangle around anything - including eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda,
    Great photos, I appreciate you finding critters on your outings. Love the cute dog, pony and the cow. The river view is pretty. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead. . PS, thank you for leaving me comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Linda. Blogging has always been, and remains, the only social media in which I participate. And I plan to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have memes that interest you, as I sometimes decide to do something on one or another, but for me just sharing and commenting back and forth is a nice little community. I'd really miss it if blogger was gone...not to mention all my memories stacked there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the linkups. I still post to about three a week. I used to post every single day but no longer. I am pretty active on instagram and I love it but I like the longer format of blogging and being able to get to know people better. I used to know lots of bloggers here in Tulsa and now I am all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like every one of your pictures. I like your Shenandoa River picture the best, it reminds me of the Bayou Lafourche in South Louisiana which is 107 miles long and flows into the Gulf of Mexico. Too bad the animals have to be restrained but they look well cared for and so I won't worry about this for them.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.