April 15, 2022

Springtime Hues with Yellows and Blues

Blog Post #7900!


Weekend Reflections / Friday Bliss

It is definitely spring in Virginia. We’ve had rain, we’ve had wind, we’ve had warm sunshine. Flowers are blooming. The earth seems to announce that we have a fresh start.

I’ve been super busy and challenged by deadlines, but when I felt stressed I reminded myself that I have “first world problems.” That is, I live in a position of privilege. I have a roof over my head and food to eat and it’s no use whining about the price of gas or people who let me down. I am fortunate. And look at the beauty around me!

Garden Affair / Floral Friday

Meanwhile, Frank has sold the lake house. He will move into a smaller home with no stairs and a yard that will not require so much labor to maintain.




"She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor
‘Winter is dead.’ "

- A.A. Milne

On a more serious note, it was on this day in 1865 that Abe Lincoln died, victim of an assassin's bullet. 

“Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away.”
- Abe Lincoln

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Easter bunnies there - or are they baby chicken camouflaged as bunnies? Spring is a wonderful time - let’s enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid that Abe's wish will never come true. War is a hard-wired condition for humankind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I see that you struck gold too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Springtime comes with so much beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos happy Easter from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  6. That date always resonates with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been interesting in how spring has slowly made its way from the southeast of Virginia to the northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photographs.
    Happy Easter Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely daffodils , I could feel the lovely spring weather . Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.