April 22, 2022

Earthday is on Marie’s Birthday

Today is Marie’s birthday so I’m leading off with a portrait of her. I took this picture a couple of decades ago when I had a weekend job in a studio in Landmark Mall. Recently I copied the picture using my iPhone and made it black and white.

I admit I am pleased with how well my children turned out. They are both kind and intelligent.

The rest of this post deals with other nice things, namely trees and flowers. By the way, Historic Garden Week begins tomorrow. 


Redbud is blooming in Virginia. Never mind that it is not a pure red; it is a lovely tree.

I did not plant anything for earth day, but I did my recycling. I also did a little bit of social media work for Friends Of Seven Bends State Park, for which I volunteer sometimes. I let other volunteers do the manual labor tasks because frankly I am getting too old for that sort of thing.



Friday Bliss / Garden Affair / Floral Friday / Skywatch




11 comments:

  1. Children turning into caring adults is a great joy! Love your photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belas fotografias e muitos parabéns para a Marie.
    Gostei.
    Um abraço e tenha um bom fim-de-semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter and the blossoms are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the portrait of your daughter, as well as how her shirt is kind of Esher-esch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The portrait of your daughter is very good! And I loved to see the fabulous spring blooming also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful portrait of a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice redo on the portrait.
    On trail work days I let the youngin's do the heavy duty work. I usually pick up trash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings and Salutations! Lovely daughter. For Mother's Day a few years back, I asked for a Red Bud Tree. It is my favorite tree. It has heart shaped leaves and the color touches my heart like reading a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very fortunate to be able to visit your page.
    ភ្នាល់បាល់

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning colors of lovely blooms, what a stunning sky shot . Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.