January 29, 2022

Bird Post #999

 Yes, I have almost shared 1000 posts on birds. I can hardly believe it. 

Yesterday I mentioned that I made a brief visit to Seven Bends State Park after picking up groceries nearby. I was driving towards the Hollingsworth Road entrance and who should I see but Barney! He is the peacock who got up on my car one day at the park. He lives nearby and pretty much does what he pleases.


Saturday’s Critters/ The Bird Depot

And here's how the park looked. That's the Massanutten Range and you can hike into it from the park trails. (There are also trails on the other side in George Washington National Forest.)

Speaking of parks, there's a nice county park near Maurertown.  Even on a cold winter day, I see people walking their dogs there.

I have one more bird to show you. It isn't real but this may be as close as I get to a snowy owl!

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love the beautiful peacock and your Snowy owl is cute. Beautiful views of the parks. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday we took a friend to see her first Snowy Owl and found three for her. To say she was thrilled would be an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl carving! And the nature park looks to be ideal (except for the cold!)
    It's always a pleasure visiting from your link shared. Thanks. And happy birding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,:=) Wow! What a great encounter with the beautiful peacock. Lovey shots of both the peacock and the Snowy Owl, and lovely views of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. Not sure about your Snowy Owl Linda. Did it move?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Peacock and the Snowy Owl, it much have been beautiful to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few years ago snowy owls invaded the USA and there was even one in downtown Washington DC — so maybe you’ll get a chance to see one in your neighborhood some day.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed your post and details of the park but especially learning about Barney! I have been amazingly gifted for now with my own Peacock that just moved into our property and barn and frankly we let him do as he pleases. I make sure he has fresh water every day and food and even in my Minnesota horrible temperatures he stays so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barney is a beautiful peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ... and a wonderful bird post 999 :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Peacock is beautiful! It is our national bird. The owl looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  12. the peacock is gorgeous, your close-ups are really wonderful!! such pretty landscapes...and that's probably as close as i am going to get to a snowy as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. From what I've heard, you can't do much with peacocks except let them have their own way! It's as if they know how gorgeous they are and so they should just get to be the boss of their world!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.