December 29, 2021

Today's Squirrel, Yesterday's Birds

Yesterday I put out some feeders and bird seed. Today I looked out and saw a squirrel. Of course! Squirrels are everywhere.

The rest of today's pictures are from my stash of unused images. Someone asked how I keep track. When I publish a photo here, I mark it with four stars in Adobe Bridge. I have a system for stars. When I first review them, I award a single star to a good picture, two stars for very good, three stars mean I used it in a collage or on Facebook, and four means I posted it on my blog. This only works if I saved the picture to my computer. If I post them straight from my iPhone, they get a heart.

Eventually I delete the used pictures because they take up space. They continue to exist here on the blog and in my biannual blog books, plus they are on my back-up drive. 

The robin was marked with two stars. The wren was only one star but it looked better after I cropped it. 


Canada Geese in flight.

6 comments:

  1. Count on a squirrel to know where the buffet is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to keep track of your pictures one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...some days the squirrels leave a bit of food for the birds at my feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hoped that robin and wren were smiling at you...maybe they were! Squirrel was happy to get a full stomach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squirrel and robin are my favourite pictures ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squirrels eat a lot more bird food at hour house than what the birds ever do.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.