December 22, 2021

Another Woodpecker, Another Duck.

It's Wild Bird Wednesday in Blogland (Blogdom? Blogiverse?) so I pulled a woodpecker and a duck out of my collection of non-published photos. I've been really busy and haven't even set out bird feeders yet. I don't feel bad about it because we haven't had "real" winter weather. We won't get a white Christmas this year. 



I hope my blog friends are all still healthy. The spread of a new Covid variant (Omicron) is worrisome, especially since people who have been vaccinated are getting sick from it, although usually not as severely as the unvaccinated. 

You know the drill. Wear a mask. Avoid crowds... I hope you did your Christmas shopping early. 

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the woodpecker, great shot. Is the duck a Merganser? We are wearing a mask in public areas. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the woodpickers are enjoy my suet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the woodpecker! Yes, COVID lurks in every cough and sneeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images.

    I'm not working until after the new year, my fridge and cupboards are stocked, and I'm only going out for the papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your birds. I am impressed that you can figure out which photos have not been published yet. I am certain that I have published several photos more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mark them in Adobe Bridge. One star: worth considering. Two stars: A good photo. Three stars: I shared it but not on my blog. Four stars: I shared it on my blog.

      Delete
  6. Great shot of the Woodpecker.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda - wonderful woodpecker shot! I have enjoyed a day at home ... cross-country skiing, some house cleaning - and I did feed the birds before the snow started to fly! A perfect lead-up to Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.