November 10, 2021

Three Birds Doing their Own Thing

The autumn colors called me to pick up my camera, and I was fortunate that a bird flew into view. I think it was an osprey because it dived down to the lake to catch a fish. Ospreys move quickly and dive suddenly so I've missed getting their picture more often than I've been successful. 


This brown and white bird was in our yard. I think it's a brown thrasher. (Correction: It appears to be a hermit thrush.)

Late this afternoon I got out of the car and spotted a bird on a bush. Dusk was turning the sky pink so I was pleased that the little creature posed in silhouette.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Linda, :=) The Osprey was a wonderful sighting. I see more buzzards than Ospreys. I think I live two far away from water to see them. The two smaller birds were good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Great captures and pretty views. I think the second photo maybe a Hermit Thrush, they have a reddish tail and the eye ring. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second picture is of a Hermit Thrush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I like doing my own thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely stunning, Linda - especially that first one. Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.