November 5, 2021

Blog Post 7733

Considering that I publish one post a day on average, this is probably over the eleven hundredth Friday post. Often I catch up on Friday with varied pictures that don't have a unifying subject, so bear with me. 

I stopped at a gas station one evening and took this picture while I was there. Later I cropped it to show that the object in front looks like a flying saucer... at least, it does to me.

This morning I paused on Strasburg Road to capture a view of the North Fork of the Shenandoah in autumn colors.


Yesterday I mentioned that our flowers have been nipped by frost. I brought in my big potted coleus ahead of the drop in temperatures. It has flowers; which is not usual for coleus in my yard because they usually don't thrive for me.

Next is a yellow rose picture that I filtered for variety.

[Side note: I am having difficulty posting tonight because Blogger is behaving differently, probably because I am using a different browser.]


Skywatch:  Evening sky, Massanutten Range.


13 comments:

  1. Greetings and Salutations! I really liked the first image of a flying saucer. On Mondays, I post strange things on my blog. It is called Thinking Outside the Box. Seeing photographs of the Shenandoah always makes me feel like I am home. Just saying. Last image, looks eerie. Must be just a wee bit past Halloween. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have an ear worm about flying saucers and I thought to hand it over to you - https://youtu.be/2E3p_51tJx0

    You live in a beautiful area, the scenes are stunning. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great series of photos!
    Lovely Coleus!
    Whatever that first photo is, it looks like a giant mushroom to me!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never having seen a flying saucer I have no idea what one looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your "flying saucer" and the way the raindrops look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any green or grey creatures around the UFO? If not, you should be safe...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I love the shot of the bridge and river. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the beauty of your terrain...thanks for sharing here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great captures, Linda. I love that "flying saucer," and the shot from Massanutten Range is amazing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...the evening sky is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first photo was very atmospheric. I could definitely see the flying saucer :) Enjoyed the scenery and the flowers. Your effect on the roses was very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Shenandoah is beautiful in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those mountain views!

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.