September 2, 2021

Theme: "Right Under Your Nose"

Blog Post #7655 

Usually I post the City Daily Photo monthly theme picture on the first of the month, but yesterday I wasn't up to the task. "Right under your nose" is a challenging topic and we were going through stormy weather caused by Hurricane Ida. 

Often I have a protein bar for lunch and I like to eat it on the deck. Frequently I take a camera with me in case birds or surprise critters show up. So today the opportunity was there: something that would logically be under my nose and my camera. The first shot didn't look good because I was facing a different direction and the lighting was harsh. I turned around and got softer light plus a nice background. I also used the self-timer to give myself a few extra seconds to extend my arm for the selfie. 


In case you are thinking this is a poor excuse for a lunch, well, it has some advantages. This particular bar does not contain any of my allergens, and I have so many that my meals are repetitious anyway. I can grab one of these and the only prep is opening the wrapper and grabbing a paper towel to hold so that bits of chocolate don't stain my clothing. This bar has 14 grams of protein and not much sugar. The taste is only fair but most of my favorite foods are literally off the table due to allergies. 

The allergist has me taking some additional medications so perhaps they will help. I keep hoping scientists will figure out better treatments for food allergies. There are several mediocre treatments and they have mediocre results. So I eat what I can. 

9 comments:

  1. My allergist didn't ever test for, or consider treating food allergies. So I stopped after a few years of weekly shots, and I'm doing just fine (avoiding a few things both outdoors and on my plate.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of us struggle with food allergies. It really makes me wonder - why? Why in the last few years? But in the meantime, I'm glad you have it under some kind of control. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a lot of allergies in my you but now, in my senior years, they have all, yes all, cleared up. Don't lose hope. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased you found a protein bar that suits you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your interesting post)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.