September 18, 2021

Slim Pickings for Saturday Critters

This week hasn't been great for animal pictures because we've been busy with other things. Here's a trail cam picture of geese. The color was so far off that I converted it to black and white.


I've got some fake animals for you, starting with this little dog statue. 



Here's a toy raccoon, followed by a snapshot I took of a wooden pig. 



I did find a grasshopper on a marigold.

Also I saw deer along Skyline Drive but they turned away before I raised my camera. 

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Cute shot of the geese and sweet deer. I like the dog statue, stuffed raccoon and the piggie. Do grasshoppers eat flowers? Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, happy Sunday. Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times when critters are just stuffed animals we run into. Have a happy Sunday, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images!

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/09/birding-with-rohan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog seems the embodiment of the Zen riddle: "Does a little dog have the Buddha nature?" I guess this one does, as he seems to be sitting in meditation.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.