August 30, 2021

A Long Painting and Some Weather Pictures

Monday Murals: I'm running out of big murals to show you so this is a long narrow one that serves as a backdrop for a model railroad in the Dayton Market. If you didn't notice it when you visited there, you probably didn't look upwards. 

 

Mosaic Monday:
I need to make room on my hard drive so I'm deleting old photos, starting with trail camera pictures. Here are four night shots of rain or snow coming down. 


We had rain here today but nothing to be alarmed about. I worry about the people who didn't get out of the path of Hurricane Ida. I remember the destruction 16 years ago. We were living in Montross and I had only been blogging a short time, but I did mention it. Usually I stick to local topics on my blog but some things are local in our hearts no matter where they are. 

Stay safe!

13 comments:

  1. Neat mural, Linda! And now I am thinking - do I need to delete photos??? Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pastel shades of the murals. They are pleasing and not glaring out at you. Reminds me of th wild wild west movies i see on TV! The pics of rain and snow are unusual, have not seem these nature elements taken at night. I saw news of Hurricane Ida, Nature is lovely but can be destructive as well. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice find Linda. Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals.
    Natural disasters can be heart-breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in your area right after Hurricane Isabel and the destruction was everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mural! I hope everyone in Storm Ida's path stay safe! Have a great day and happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very impressed by that mural. I have a tendency to not look up, so this is a great reminder that beauty is everywhere.

    Great that you also have survivors of Ida in your thoughts today, too Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mural. Ida has caused much destruction, sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good catch of a delicately done mural!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i bet that is tough ...having to delete pics. i bet it is fun to look back over time. thanks for your visit. hope u r well. take care. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the pastel shades of the murals

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.