July 30, 2021

A Crazy Busy Week

The town of Strasburg had some excitement last night. There was an explosion at the milk plant that tore a huge hole in a masonry wall.  Apparently it was caused by ammonia-based refrigerant. The main road through town had to be closed all day and traffic had to detour. 


When I was driving home today from physical therapy the detour took me near the Town Park so I stopped there and took a picture of another problem: algae mats in the river. Some of the algae is a toxic variety so people are warned to avoid it. 

On a more positive note, I stopped at the garden in the park and admired the flowers.



This has been a tiring week. I had to get up early for medical appointments. After Frank's cataract surgery on Monday, he could not safely drive so I drove him to his follow-up at 8 AM on Tuesday plus an unplanned follow-up on Wednesday and two different appointments on Thursday and Friday. In addition, I had two physical therapy sessions that left me fatigued.

I found time to go to a committee meeting in Woodstock for the Friends of Seven Bends State Park and drove down to the river there.




After Frank's appointment on Wednesday, we stopped at a steakhouse. It had been a week since I gave up beef to test the diagnosis of mild beef allergy, so I was ready to try it again. I ate a tasty steak and my only symptom was a bit of indigestion, so I conclude that I can eat beef occasionally without severe consequences.

I'm not a fan of those photos showing what you're eating for dinner so I took a simple image with my phone.


Have a good weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Just reading about your week leaves me exhausted!
    Love the shot of your fork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some people spend more time photographing their dinner than eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I always firget to photograph my lunches & dinners, because they are not that important to me 😃 Stunning sky shot. Hope your next week is not that busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cloud pattern looks like a phoenix rising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had so much time that left you tired, and glad that you could eat the occasional steak. I liked the river scene, and am reminded of the red tide which has western FL in a bind at their highest tourist season...lots of dead fish floating along the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sky photo.
    Algae mats are a bummer.
    I hate ammonia refrigeration systems. Lots less energy cost to run than propane or freon but wow when something goes wrong and you have ammonia in the air...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A family living nearby had to evacuate.

      Delete
  7. Greetings and Salutations! I too have been taking physical therapy. It was exhausting. I know that feeling. That last photograph is top notch! What a find. Enjoy the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fishing off the bridge looks relaxing. Beautiful sky shot at the end of your post. "Explosion" and "milk plant" don't seem like they go together. Hope everyone was safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! Beautiful flowers , loved the colorful zinnias . Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice post, I love the cloud at the end. When I turned my head a little it became a horse :)

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.