May 17, 2021

Front Royal Craftsmanship and a Walk in the Woods.

Just when I think I am not going to have a Monday Mural, I come across one. This one is actually wooden cutouts fastened to a fence in Front Royal. 

The same yard has a miniature mill and lighthouse. 

I'll show you a few other Front Royal scenes. The town is the county seat and the only incorporated town in Warren County. 

Mosaic Monday

Many people know Front Royal as the northern gateway to Shenandoah National Park. I often drive into the park to eat a picnic lunch or to take a walk. The rest of today's pictures are from a walk at Jenkins Gap. I was actually on the Appalachian Trail but I didn't walk far. The trail is about 2,200 miles (3,500 km) long! I envy the hardy folks who hike the entire length of it from Georgia to Maine. 




11 comments:

  1. What sweet cutouts on the fence.
    Love the small lighthouse in the garden.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden cutouts on the fence are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...spring is such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fence and yard is very neat! Fun to see everything they've done. And how wonderful to live close to the AT and get to walk some of it. I've enjoyed reading stories about people that walk it. Have your read Grandma Gatewood's walk? It's a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it a children’s book? I remember reading about her in a children’s book.

      Delete
  5. Great photos! I am one of those folks who remember Front Royal because of the park we visited many years ago. Love cut-outs on the fence! Is that a May Apple leaf?
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda - the views of Front Royal are always nostalgic, but you captured my heart with the nature photos! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a find, Linda. Love those cut outs on that fence, and that yard is very busy looking. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Front Royal is memorable to me because it's the destination of the highway we take sometimes when driving from Fairfax to Michigan. So you keep going towards Front Royal. Shenandoah is intriguing: we did once visit the park.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.