April 16, 2021

A Week in April

Willy Nilly Friday

It didn't seem like a busy week but I took a lot of picture so I'll summarize my week here.

On Saturday we went to Sperryville, visited a small gallery, and returned via Skyline Drive. The first and second pictures are from Sperryville. 
[Sharing with B&W Weekend -- I thank them for showcasing one of my photos this week.]

On Sunday we met Allison and Dave for lunch in Warrenton. They have now been vaccinated too! 

After lunch I drove through Warrenton and saw the mural that I shared on Monday. This street scene shows the downtown post office from the side. The front view was cluttered by cars.



On Monday I went to Woodstock for a chiropractic appointment. I drove up Hollingsworth Road to see if the state park was open, but it was closed because the river was too high to safely cross the low-water bridges. We've had a surplus of rain lately.

I had my lunchtime snack at nearby Riverview Park. The redbud trees are bright. 



On Tuesday I drove out to Rockland and Boyce. I hope to share the Clover Hill photos later. Here's the front of the former Mt. Airy Market, now called The Farmer's Daughter. 


Oh, another pink tree! 

Here's one of our rainy days.

Yesterday I went back to Seven Bends State Park, after calling first to make sure it was open. Construction has begun of the Rivers Way Play Space.

On the way home I stopped to buy groceries and saw a fine sunset when I came out of the store.

Today was stressful. I drove Frank to an appointment and while parking I heard air escaping from a tire. Fortunately AAA sent a service truck right away. The mechanic said it was not repairable so he put the spare on. Later we got a new tire put on.

We had lunch at Cracker Barrel and I spotted this little charmer.

When I got home there was a message from my sister so I called her and we talked a while. 

Have a good weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. Personally I especially like the clouds and the light. Sorry you had a flat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black and white window - beautiful light! Love the little mer-cat, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I see that spring is in the air. The street scene in Warrenton reminds me of Williamsburg. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sky shot. A flat tire is always a pain! Usually it happens with me in the dead of winter, at twenty below, with a raging wind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First cat-mermaid I've ever seen! Loved seeing your blossoming trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mer-cat is adorable!
    All the pictures are beautiful. What are those pink trees?
    And what a magnificent sunset!
    Yet I think my favourite picture was the rainy day landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apart from the tire looks like you had a very nice week. Enjoyable photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful signs of Spring, and I like your Black/White photo too!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the flat. Thank goodness for AAA. I love those pink trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Linda,
    The pink blooming trees are a dream. I love very much your black & white window with sun and shade, Thanks for linking, warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ! Beautiful spring blooms, especially loved the hanging petunias . It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening, Nature and birds here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2021/04/garden-affair-nemesia.html

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.