November 25, 2020

Canada Geese Maneuvers

 On days when it's not too cold, I like to eat lunch on our deck. I have a view of the lake and often I take my camera out there with me in case birds or animals show up. So I was prepared when a group of geese decided to take flight. 


They only disappeared behind the trees for a few minutes and I could hear them honking. Soon they turned and came back. 




After a while the white geese came over to greet them. This family is probably descended from domestic geese that escaped from a farm. They don't fly much and they live in the neighborhood, swimming in the lake and wandering around as they please.


6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Great series on the geese, I like the splash down. I wish you and your family a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing geese in flight!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely series of photographs this is, especially your first one.

    Happy Thanksgiving Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic images...great captures. Thanks so much for joining us this week and linking in to IRBB

    Happy Thanksgiving. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful actions shots.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.