October 21, 2020

Unexpected Birds and More

I haven't started feeding birds yet so I don't have much in the way of new pictures for Wild Bird Wednesday.  Today I happened to see this sparrow from my car while waiting to pick up burgers at a drive-through and it posed nicely for my cell phone. 


I checked the trail cam today and picked out four images to share. I cropped all of them to eliminate most of a large bush that helps cut down on glare that strikes the lens in the afternoon. 

Here we see some geese on the lake with a turtle on the bank. 

Next we see a trail cam version of a great blue heron. I've photographed him a number of times.

Then we have a picture that shows the glare on the lens. Sometimes it has a strange effect like we see here. 

The last photo was clicked very early in the morning. The lake is shrouded in mist, but the motion sensor was triggered by a deer who was snacking on some leaves. 


12 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Great trail cam captures. I love the deer and heron! Take care, wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I haven't started to feed the birds either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless of the pictures you took, you had a great experience. I am feeding birds in my backyard and they are abundant and voracious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you get to find more birds soon? foggy AM today ... has been that way for the last few mornings ... very mysterious. ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird looks like it might be a House Sparrow.
    Love your second photo!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our drive-thru restaurants are hosts to sparrows and other birds who live on little droppings from the meals. Nature does adapt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lake. You take great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should really get a trail cam but we are completely fenced so we are only likely to see small animals.
    Stay safe, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice selection here Linda, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.