June 1, 2020

Theme: Park. Place: Seven Bends.


I've followed the progress of the new Seven Bends State Park since I first spotted it near Woodstock on Google Maps. The Park did not really exist then; all I could find was a No Trespassing sign at the end of Lupton Road. But in the years since, the park has taken shape and is now officially open. The ribbon cutting did not take place due to the pandemic lockdown, but work continued.

Now signs are in place, parking fees are charged, and trail maps are available.

The main attractions of the park are the river and the hiking trails. The river is the North Fork of the Shenandoah and kayaking, canoeing, and fishing are popular.

The park is named for the "Seven Bends of the Shenandoah River." a river that bends and turns due to the geology of the river. I'm sure there are actually more than seven bends but that's all you see at one time if you look down from Massanutten Mountain.

I am a member of the Friends of Seven Bends State Park.


Sharing with Blue Monday, Through My Lens, and Mosaic Monday.





7 comments:

  1. Great park! I have to come find that Love sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - we were just talking with my son yesterday about Shenandoah. We took a family vacation there many years ago, and he has fond memories of it. Thanks for sharing these photos, and even more importantly, for being a member of the Friends of the Park. (By the way, I am deeply grateful for your faithful participation in MM - it means so much to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Looks like a beautiful park. The river scenes are beautiful. Have a happy day and great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, The water looks great. Nice to have a visit at the park. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a beautiful park and I do like that Love sign.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shot of the deer is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.