May 28, 2020

Roadside Reading

Here's a car with more stickers than I could read.



This masked bear in Wardensville implores us to "Flatten the Curve." Coincidentally, Tom has posted a masked bear on his Signs linkup


I've been dismayed at how many people refuse to wear masks, even though they've been shown to help slow the spread of COVID-19. This bear's mask would make it unlikely that he would breathe on you (if he were a person instead of a carved bear). My mask is to protect people I speak to. Yes, it can feel uncomfortable in warm weather, but getting the disease would feel worse. And I actually like how it makes the odors of the detergent aisle in the supermarket a little less annoying! (I'm allergic to many fragrances.)

The sign on the left of the next image puzzled me until I looked it up. It is a hash tag of QAnon conspiracy posts on social media.


The remaining three pictures are ones I took in Warren County along 619. An electronic signs warns that a section of the road will be closed next week. 

The 619 Market has changed their sign to say "I thought air was free until I bought a bag of chips." 



The volunteer fire department is still trying to get new volunteers.

6 comments:

  1. Love that bear! We don't have to wear masks here, but I would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...now that's the motherload of bumper stickers.
    ...you sure found a potbelly bear!
    ...I get so sick of hearing everytime a shooting happens that our "thought and prayers" are with you.
    ...how true about chips!
    ...people aren't volunteers these days.
    Thanks Linda for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what prayers accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Info re Q-Anon; they're more widespread & organized than generally known. Rather alarming.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sign about the potato chips--so true. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.