December 11, 2019

Views from my Window, Birds in View.

We enjoy a great view from our window. Here I was behind a very small houseplant that Lynn gave me a few years ago. It is the single survivor in a dish garden. 

The lake is community-owned. Geese and ducks are always there.

Two Canada Geese are floating past a Great Blue Heron. You can see him better in the next photo.

I think I glimpsed an osprey today but I did not get his picture. 


The Carolina Wren turned his head away. That's okay because I got his profile later when he perched on the bird bath. 


The final picture shows a poinsettia that we bought last year. It has doubled in size but is more green than red. There are ways to get more red leaves but I did not bother with moving it to a cool dark place because I didn't really think it would live this long.

11 comments:

  1. Hello, lovely views of the birds. The plant and bloom is beautiful. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birds, and I've seen poinsettias that grow as large as trees in FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set of photos. Have a good day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little cactus, and poinsettias have such interesting shaped leaves that they are always pretty!
    Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name Carolina Wren almost as much as I love the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of photographs.
    The Carolina Wren is a sweet looking bird.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice range of birds right outside your window. Gotta love those CANADA Geese!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, Linda. Your bird captures are especially nice.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.