December 16, 2019

Mid-December Random-osity



The Good: I survived another birthday. I guess I'll make it through the holidays.

What's that about? Well, aside from getting older, I'm not a big fan of winter and the short cold days. I feel a better when the days start getting longer.

The Random: Frank's sister has been visiting. Here they are at Long Branch yesterday. We had a lovely tour with a very knowledgeable guide. The historic manor house is decorated for Christmas.

And on Saturday, we enjoyed Strasburg's holiday home tour. (The frames on the collage are courtesy of PhotoCollage.)
 The Fun: Peggy and Bill were passing through town so today we met them for lunch in Winchester.  It's always a joy to spend time with my sister.


7 comments:

  1. Happy New Trip around the sun, Linda! I began my new trip last week, too. I started the day sighing about another year older. By nightfall, I was a very happy camper about where I am today. Funny how that goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may agree to differ on the weather - I'm in Europe and I am enjoying the cold weather! Hope spring comes soon enough for you!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Paris, France

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday. I completely agree with you about the short cold days of winter. Spring can't get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday...may the next year be full of joy for you. Loved seeing your family having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda - many people struggle with the shorter days and the lack of sunshine. I find I sleep a lot more! So glad you are enjoying some family time. The photos of the historic sites are interesting, and I like how you framed the collage. Thanks for linking up to Mosaic Monday so faithfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family time is always a pleasure to share with each other. I love those frames around your mosaic, they're pretty. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter has me sleeping a lot. I enjoy the peach and quiet, but spring is always welcome.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.