November 16, 2019

Art Tour Animals


In Autumn, there are a number of studio tours in rural Virginia and West Virginia. With the holidays approaching, this is a good time to sell arts and crafts.

A unique thing about rural tours is they often take you to farms. Here are some farm animals we saw on these tours this month, starting with a cute alpaca we saw today near Lovettsville, VA. This was our first stop on the Catoctin Holiday Art Tour.

A couple weeks ago we went to two stops on the Trails and Trees Studio Tour in West Virginia.  They were for artists we've visited twice before but they were worth revisiting.


Last weekend was The Over the Mountain Studio Tour, also in West Virginia. That one isn't far from us because it is just over the state line. I was pleased to find that the first stop was on a farm with chickens and livestock. 

By the way, I often find some great artist-produced greeting cards on these tours. They are often priced no higher than the cards stocked in supermarkets and they are locally created.

There was a friendly cat. He let me take his picture so I'd have something to link to the "Caturday" blog hop.  Also I'm sharing this entire post with Satuday's Critters.

I used the "Ink Outlines" filter on this in Photoshop. Often I crop, brighten, resize, and sign my photos in Photoshop.


Aren't the lambs adorable? I wasn't able to get a picture of both of them with their mom like this man did. They were shy and she promptly led them away from visitors.


17 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful critters, but the cat is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Llama, it looks so furry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love all your critters, the alpacas are so cute and the little lamb is adorable. The studio tour sounds like fun, I would enjoy the farm animals. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy new week ahead! PS, thanks for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    beautiful animals from the farm :-)
    I love the Alpacas :-) They also have nice heads :-))) Your other animals from the farm including the cat are also very nice to see.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is wonderful to get out in the countryside...you see so much. I like to buy the unique cards that are less than the greeting cards at the store and so much nicer. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the farm critters...especially the lambs. Of course I go for the cat! What, no pictures of crafts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post of these cute farm animals. Sounds like a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection of beautiful animals!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all those animals you saw. The tours sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh your pictures of the farm animals are nothing short of superb!! isn't it wonderful to visit these farms and reconnect with nature. i especially love the alpaca, they are so cute and i always enjoy visiting with them. the lambs are precious too and i LOVE the license plate!!

    i wanted to tell you that your comments always go into my trash bin. i have tried to fix it but nothing has worked. i feel terrible that i don't return your visits, i don't always know that you have stopped by!!

    have a wonderful sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because Blogger sends them from my AOL address, which most email services classify as spam. I've tried changing to a different email address but Blogger keeps attaching the old one.

      Delete
  11. You live in such a beautiful area. I love seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That alpaca is adorable! I love seeing the lambs too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That’s just really fun combining art and farm touring. We’ve done both,but never in one tour. Love all the critters. Alpacas are almost too cute! I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see all of these critters.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.