October 19, 2019

Fine Animals



In yesterday's post about the Dinges Farm, I mentioned that friendly farm animals were a distraction during the tour. Here's one more of those animals. I've heard of nice cows with big brown eyes but I don't think I met one before!

Yesterday I spotted the great blue heron again. I zoomed in but even so, he looks far away. When I moved a tiny bit closer, he saw me and flew even farther away.

I had to lighten the photo of him flying (using Photoshop) because he almost disappeared in the shadows.

Weekend Reflections.
The bird on the weather vane was more cooperative. He stood still while I took his picture.

Next we see a wooly caterpillar, sometimes called a wooly bear caterpillar. People say he can predict a cold winter, but that's probably a myth.

I'll close with a picture of a squirrel on a stone wall.


12 comments:

  1. Hello, I love the cows, they do have pretty faces. Great sighting of the heron, it is camera shy. I've been seeing a lot of those wooly bear caterpillars. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heron in flight. Great timing with your camera shutter button!

    For registering your link to this post for us birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week, I thank you. Have a spectacular day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I like the weathervane too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on "fixing" the heron so we can see him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's more tail than squirrel on that squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute cow! That blue heron is playing hard to get. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cow ...yup gorgeous eyes! And nice shots of the heron. (And Not to brag or anything, but I bet even I with my shaky hands could get a halfway decent picture of that weathervane bird ;))! )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty cow! I see it's in the field with sheep so nice to see a mix of farm animals and then exciting to spot and capture the blue heron :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great selection of critters! Always good to see Herons, and that cow is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cow does have sweet, soulful eyes.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.