July 3, 2019

Birds and a Bunny

Wild Bird Wednesday.
The robin has his mouth full. It's not a sharp photo because I zoomed in through double-paned glass, but I like that he was eating.

A little bunny has been hopping around our yard. Isn't he cute?

Sometimes I wonder if the hummingbird feeder is worth the trouble because days go by without a visitor, but then a little hummingbird shows up. This one did not stay long enough to get much of a portrait.

Today I saw a ruby-throated one but he was gone before I raised my camera. 


I checked again a little later and was excited to see movement at the feeder. Oh, wait! That's not a hummingbird.

It looks like a downy woodpecker that's had a rough day.



8 comments:

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.