June 13, 2019

Fourteen Years of Blogging

Blog Post #6778


I started blogging on June 13, 2005. Wow, that was a long time ago! Many blogs have come and gone since then, some leaving without even a "Good-bye." Friends, if you stop blogging, please post a farewell post. Otherwise your fans wonder what happened to you.

These pictures are from Shenandoah River State Park. It's not far from home and last year Frank got me a State Parks Pass for our anniversary, so I've stopped by there quite a few times. When I do, I always take in the fine view at Cullers Overlook. 

Sharing with Fences Around the World.


Lately I've welcomed the chance to get outside and take in a glimpse of nature. Things have been stressful since Frank's achilles tendon surgery two months ago. He is still wearing a "boot" and using a walker. I take him to physical therapy twice a week, pulling right up to the entrance and opening both heavy doors for him. (You'd think a physical therapy place would have automatic door openers, but they don't.) He is gradually healing and is now allowed to put 25% of the usual weight on the bandaged foot. 



The final two photos are from the visitors center at the park. Yes, that's a reflection in one of the doors.

See my recent post on the pollinator meadow at this park.




14 comments:

  1. Congrats on 14 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! And many congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed - 14 years...happy anniversary! You couldn'y make it up about the heavy, non-automatic, doors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muitos parabéns pelo aniversário do blog e aproveito para desejar um bom fim-de-semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 14th blog anniversary. Lovely photos of the park. The views are beautiful. Wishing you a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to have accomplished 14 years blogging...under any names. I'll have to go check my first one and see when I actually started, because there have been several. Yes, I miss some of the blogs I originally followed too. Good to hear hubby is keeping up with that PT, which brings us back to normal eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,

    WOW, you beat me! Congrats on 14 years of blogging!! You're so right, a farewell post is definitely needed and it shows good manners. Sometimes you can't do that but that's not the case in most bloggers' decisions. They just drop off the radar without a single goodbye or anything. Thanks for sharing glimpse of your area through photos. Have a pAwesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least you are still blogging, I started in 2012 so your way ahead of me and at times I've thought of throwing in the towel but I keep going

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo on the milestone!

    Wonderful views!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 14 years of blogging is a lot. I enjoy your photos and hope you continue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That's a lot of hours of writing! And a lot of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! You have been a stalwart blogger. Like you, I miss a lot of bloggers who have disappeared. Plus there are more than a few who passed away and I miss them terribly, even though I never met them. Sometimes I think some of our older bloggers had their computers or internet access taken away.
    So here is to thousands of more post from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely views. Congratulations on 14 years of blogging. That is a long while. I hope Frank continues to heal and makes a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete

The View from Squirrel Ridge features thousands of views of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding area. I post frequently so please visit often.

Your comments are appreciated. If you are responding to a post older than a few days, your comment will be held until we have a chance to approve it. Thanks for your patience!

Sorry, anonymous comments cannot be accepted because of the large number of spam comments that come in that way. Also, links that are ads will be deleted.